Hedberg Moving Solutions is the company you can turn to when you want dependable trucks and a crew of movers you can rely on to get the job done. If you’ve never operated a driving truck before, we have some driving safety tips for you to read below. By practicing safety, you can get you and your family to your destination without any problems. If you need a truck, moving supplies, a crew of Minneapolis movers, or some more safety tips, contact us today.
Inspect the Truck
We always inspect the truck before handing it off to you. We look at all components, make sure all the fluids are filled, and check the cabin and storage area. After you rent the truck, however, we strongly recommend that you inspect it before you pull out of the driveway. Look at the tires, make sure there’s gas in the tank, check the lights, AC, and all other parts. If there’s anything wrong with the truck, we’ll replace it or fix it before you leave.
Keep A Safe Distance on the Road
A large truck does not speed up or slow down quickly. Thus, you need to keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you. One way to keep a safe distance is to go with the flow of traffic. Speeding or driving too slow will create a dangerous situation on the road.
Driving in Bad Weather
Our home movers Minneapolis team knows what it’s like to drive in inclement weather. Therefore we recommend staying alert and slowing down when it starts to rain or snow in Minnesota or across the country. Pay attention to road conditions and try to avoid harsh weather, is possible. You should get off the road if the rain or snow prohibits your ability to see.
Hire Moving Professionals for Loading and Unloading the Truck
You should hire a home moving company in Minneapolis to load and unload all of your bulky items. Our movers are trained to lift heavy objects. We also have the equipment and tools necessary to do the job efficiently and safely. We can even drive the truck and take you where you need to go if you need us.
Safe Truck Operation
The larger the truck, the more difficult it becomes to operate it. Chances are, you’ve had very little training driving a moving vehicle. If so, here are some items to consider:
● If you get a flat tire or need to brake suddenly for any reason, don’t slam on the brakes. Slow the truck gradually and pull over safely. Braking too swiftly may lead you to lose control of the vehicle.
● Avoid sudden braking. Rather than slam on the brakes, tap them as you go until you come to a full stop. Also, avoid riding the brakes.
● Drive the speed limit. If you’re worried about being in a hurry, then leave earlier so that you don’t have to drive fast.
● Take breaks for trips longer than ten hours. Fatigue and sleepiness can happen suddenly.
● If you drive on mountains, drive extra slow. A heavy load can be hard to control as you’re scaling down the other side.
Hedberg Movers is Ready to Help You Move
If you’re getting ready to move and you need a home moving company in Minneapolis, contact Hedberg Movers. We offer a wide range of moving services that meet all of your needs. To schedule a date on our calendar, call us at 763-434-6683, or you can message us on our contact page. We help both home and businesses in Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota.
Contact Us for More Information